what a wretch i am; who can save me? thanks be to GOD. my Jesus; he saves me.
"what happened, though, was that sin found a way to pervert the command into a temptation, making a piece of "forbidden fruit" out of it...once sin got its hands on the law code and decked itself out in all that finery, i was fooled, and fell for it."
"Sin simply did what sin is so famous for doing: using the good as a cover to tempt me to do what would finally destroy me...sin did far more mischief than it could ever have accomplished on its own...i've spent a long time in sin's prision. What i don't understand about myself is that I decide one way, but then I act another, doing things I absolutely despise. So if i can't be trusted to figure out what is best fo rmyself and then do it, it becomes obvious that God's command is necessary."
"The answer, thank God, is that Jesus Christ...acted to set things right in this life of contradictions where I want to serve God with all my heart and mind, but am pulled by the influence of sin to do something totally different."
rom 7; msg
we were crushed and overwhelmed and powerless to do anything for ourselves. but that was good cos then we put everything in to the hands of God, who alone can save us. 2 cor 1.
sometimes, you don't know that God is all you need until you realize that God is all you've got.
No comments:
Post a Comment