Thursday, February 28, 2008

oof. burnin out!! i am desperately in need of some peace and quiet and a mental break. are the good grades worth it...it's seeming that they are not. i do want to get a lot out of my education, but is a good grade the only way i can show that i have gotten things out of my education?? in this system, it seems they are. good grades can get me scholarships and status and pride. meh. so yes i want good grades because i should be working hard and making the most of the opportunities i have...but i don't need perfect grades. can my definition of a good grade be a B?? yes. let's do that. maybe.

1 comment:

bdraeger said...

I was reading a book by Anne Lamott last year (her stuff is wonderful, btw), and she said it took her until she was about 30 until she realized a B is a good grade.

I'm trying to have faith that I'll come to the same conclusion eventually.